Apples & Orchards this October
Our home county of Devon is well known for its picturesque orchards and cider-making tradition. Many of the nation’s best producers are based in the County.
As well as making award winning Cider, many of them host tours and events, giving you a chance to see in the inner workings, whilst sampling (quality checking!) their products!
Here’s our top 5 must see (and try) Cider attractions..
1. Cider Tasting at Sandford Orchards
– Date: Multiple dates in October 2023
– Location: Crediton
– Description: Throughout October, Sandford Orchards in Crediton hosts guided cider tastings. Explore their award-winning ciders and gain insights into the cider-making process while enjoying the serene orchard surroundings.
2. Honiton Cider Festival
– Date: October 1, 2023
– Location: Honiton
– Description: Kicking off the cider festivities in Devon, the Honiton Cider Festival on October 1st promises a delightful day filled with local ciders, live music, and delectable street food. It’s a fantastic way to celebrate the start of the cider season.
3. The Cider Barn at Nightingale Farm
– Date: October 7, 2023
– Location: Newton Abbot
– Description: On October 7th, Nightingale Farm’s Cider Barn invites you to a cozy evening of live music, scrumptious food, and their handcrafted ciders. Enjoy the rustic ambiance and the flavours of authentic Devonshire cider.
4. Devon Cider and Music Festival
– Date: October 14-15, 2023
– Location: Near Crediton
– Description: Plan your weekend for October 14th and 15th to attend the Devon Cider and Music Festival. With over 50 different ciders to sample and a lineup of talented musicians, this event offers two days of cider, music, and fun in the picturesque Devon countryside.
5. Apple Day at Killerton
– Date: October 22, 2023
– Location: Killerton (near Exeter)
– Description: Mark your calendar for October 22nd to celebrate Apple Day at Killerton. This family-friendly event offers orchard tours, traditional cider making demonstrations, and a chance to taste a variety of local ciders amidst the scenic National Trust property.